P = Pulsating E = Electro M= Magnetic F = Field
Question: What does the machine do?
Short Answer : It produces a variable pulsating electromagnetic field, which improves cellular metabolic
1. The Cells within this variable pulsating electromagnetic field are being exercised and the cells that have low energy can be felt as a mild discomfort or slight pain. Higher energy cells are being exercised but may not be felt.
2. While these low energy cells are exercised they are beginning to have toxins permeate out their membranes and therefore the PEMF unit helps to detoxify cells.
3. The PEMF unit also increases blood circulation and oxygen flow which helps the cell to repair.
4. The PEMF technology has been known to help detoxify and increase the flow of the lymphatic fluids which will help detoxification and cellar fluid dynamics including nutritional uptake.
5. PEMF puts a healthy energy charge into the interior of the cell behind the cell membrane that raises cellular energy so the cell can heal itself faster. While many technologies can affect the interstitial fluids, pulsed electromagnetic fields can influence and charge the interior parts of the cell including the nuclease and the mitochondria.
6. PEMF's are like a spark plug or catalyst for energy production in the cell. Just like a car needs oxygen, fuel and an ignition (spark plug), so does the human cell need fuel (glucose), oxygen and a "spark plug" or ignition. This ignition is PEMF or pulsed magnetic energy. We can also think of PEMF as a battery re-charger for the human cell. We now know that the voltage of a healthy cell is about 70 millivolts. When we get sick or have damaged cells, these cells have been known to operate at 30 - 15 millivolts or less in cases of cancer, or cell / body death. Pulsed electromagnetic fields (PEMF) act like a catalyst and battery re-charger for the human cells and these PEMF's are critical for human metabolism.
*PEMF's also improve microcirculation, oxygenation (up to a 200%increase), help in nerve regeneration, pain management and many other health promoting benefits. There are over 1000 clinical studies and over 7000 research papers validating the therapeutic benefits of PEMFs.
"If the electrical imbalance is corrected, the disease does not manifest."
- Dr. Harold Saxton Burr, PHD, Professor of Anatomy at Yale University School of Medicine
Pulsed Magnetic Therapy
It's not everyday you get to discover an amazing technology that is not only safe and effective but that is changing people's lives dramatically for the better. A technology whose origins date back thousands of years and yet today is part of a revolution in health called Energy Medicine or Electromedicine
Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) Therapy or Pulsed Magnetic Therapy for short, is getting lots of coverage in the national media from prominent health experts like Dr. Oz MD because of its remarkable ability to stimulate repair of our bodies at the most basic cellular level.
How Do Magnetic Fields Work To Heal The Body:
You see every living body requires electromagnetic energy to function. Just think of the heart, without an electromagnetic pulse the heart would stop and we would die. But it is not just the heart that needs electromagnetic energy to function so does every cell in our body.Without this electromagnetic energy our cells cannot function and if they cannot function they die.
Interestingly the voltage of a healthy cell is about -70 millivolts whereas an unhealthy cell like a cancer cell is about -30 millivolts.
What Is PEMF Therapy And How Does It Work:
Consequently PEMF can increase the cellular level of
oxygen by up to 200% and with more oxygen
available more energy can be produced in the cell in the
form of ATP (Adenosine Tri-Phosphate) helping to power
both the cell and in turn the body.
Protein synthesis is also enhanced. The protein we eat gets broken down into amino acids during digestion. Protein synthesis is the process where these amino acids are rearranged into new proteins the body can use such as enzymes, blood cells, muscle tissue etc. With more oxygen available and more energy available protein synthesis speeds up. This in turn speeds up the repair and rebuilding of damaged and diseased tissue. For this reason the FDA has approved PEMF Therapy to stimulate bone repair in non-union fractures.
However the benefits don't stop there. Blood circulation and lymph flow are improved. Look at blood under a microscope before PEMF and the red cells are usually clumped together but after PEMF the blood cells have separated allowing for improved blood flow.
Another benefit is pH. You have probably heard that it is healthier to be more alkaline than acidic. In truth we need to have slightly alkaline blood to be healthy and a healthy lifestyle can help achieve that. So can PEMF. The less oxygen cells receive the more acidic they tend to become. This is partly why exercise is so beneficial as it increases oxygenation in the body. As mentioned PEMF also increases cellular oxygenation. In fact Dr. Garry Gordon MD refers to PEMF Therapy as Magnetically Induced Cellular Exercise or M.I.C.E.
The last benefit that should be mentioned is detoxification.
As the pulsing electromagnetic signals stimulate the cell membrane and increase permeability any toxins within the cell membrane or cell body are mobilized helping the cell to eliminate these toxins and restore it to health. For this reason some people may feel ill temporarily when starting therapy as their body starts to detoxify.
Hence drinking water before and after therapy is important to help flush your system.
Are you beginning to see the many benefits of PEMF (there are many more but this is a good start) and how it can help us become healthier and stronger with more stamina and endurance while speeding up the repair of damaged or diseased tissue?
Research is ongoing into PEMF, its many uses, benefits and mode of action.
Who Can Benefit From PEMF Therapy:
Almost everyone with an acute injury or chronic condition can benefit from Magnetically Induced Cellular Exercise and Rehabilitation. Acute injuries typically respond very quickly with the healing process shortened whereas chronic conditions also tend to respond well but take more time as cell function and repair slowly improves.
Research has proven neurological, physiological and psychological benefits with the use of PEMF Therapy.
Not only humans but animals respond very well to PEMF Therapy too. In fact this is one of the few
therapies that can fully penetrate the large dense hind muscles of horses with therapeutic results.
Is PEMF Therapy Safe:
To date PEMF Therapy has proven safe. However there is concern today regarding exposure to Electromagnetic Fields (EMF) causing health problems. It seems the cumulative exposure to EMF day in and day out is of the greatest concern from all manner of electrical devices in our lives as many of these devices emit high frequencies in the kilohertz, megahertz and gigahertz range.
It is therefore a matter of distinguishing good EMF from bad EMF. Science teaches us that all energy is electromagnetic in nature hence it is impossible to escape EMF altogether because our own bodies radiate EMF as does all of nature.
PEMF Therapy uses pulses of low frequency electromagnetic energy for short durations. Research has shown this is not detrimental to the body but quite the opposite, increasing oxygenation to the cells, improving blood circulation and lymph flow, aiding detoxification and enhancing cell metabolism, energy production and integrity.
PEMF Therapy may be safe but some people do have an adverse reaction to it. According to Dr. Pawluk MD 2-5% of the time a reaction can occur but is usually temporary such as a sensitivity to the therapy, a detoxification reaction, a drop in blood pressure or blood sugar,or temporary aggravation of pain.
Are There Any Contraindications Or Precautions For PEMF Therapy:
Yes there are some contraindications and precautions to consider as outlined below.
■ Pregnancy - safety has not been conclusively established with PEMF Therapy
■ Pacemakers, implanted pain modulators, insulin delivery systems and defibrillators - the
electromagnetic field may affect battery function
■ Active bleeding - bleeding may not readily clot after PEMF Therapy
■ Myasthenia gravis - muscle weakness may be aggravated
■ Hyperthyroidism/Adrenal Fatigue/Hypothalamic-Pituitary dysfunction - PEMF may over stimulate the
■ Active Tb or active viral diseases - may experience temporary flare
■ Malignancies - safety has not been conclusively established with PEMF Therapy
■ Psychoses - may produce unpredictable results
What Can I Expect After PEMF Therapy:
Many people report an improvement of symptoms after the first session which typically lasts anywhere
from 4 to 14 days. Successive sessions build on this initial improvement and usually have a cumulative
effect with a lessening of symptoms over time as cellular repair occurs.